Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day was Sunday and it was great!
I'm married to the greatest husband and daddy in the world!! I'm a little partial. ; )  

 Here's the food from the day;
I whipped up this quick, simple, and very yummy chocolate trifle. 

Chocolate Trifle:
1 13x9 chocolate cake (I didn't have a cake mix so, I used a recipe out of my Betty Crocker Cook Book)
2 boxes of chocolate instant pudding
1 tub of cool whip

Start with the cake as the base (crumble it). Then, add a layer of pudding. Last, a layer of cool whip. Repeat until you reach the top.

I made mine sugar free for the guys at church that are diabetic. 

For supper we treated Daddy to one of his very favorite seafood dishes. I saw the original recipe on Rachael Ray but, I don't remember it so this is my concoction. I call it Shrimp Pasta. So original, I know.

Shrimp Pasta:
Shrimp medium or large in size
1 lemon or some lemon juice also works
4 Tbsp butter
onion
garlic
black pepper
cilantro or basil

Melt your butter in the saucepan. Add your chopped onion (just a little amount to taste), garlic (to taste), and lemon. Then, add your shrimp, black pepper, and cilantro or basil. Cook thoroughly. 

While this is cooking boil some pasta and drain.

Add the pasta to the shrimp mixture and toss it all together to coat the pasta.  

Serve and enjoy. The pasta is covered in this rich, buttery, lemony sauce. It melts in your mouth.

My husband says that it's very true at least for him that the way to his heart is through his stomach. I hope all the dads out there had a great Father's Day and got to enjoy some of their favorite dishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment