Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shopping Trip 6/1/12

I have taken an extended vacation from blogging and couponing. I am trying to get back on track so, please be patient with me. Last week was the first time in a long time that I actually did some deal shopping. The reason being was I had a great stockpile and I was trying to use it instead of going out and buying more stuff that I didn't need. That's the thing about couponing; you have to know when enough is enough. You also have to have room to store this stuff. Plus, you need to be able to use it up before it expires. So, I was down to 1 lonely tube of toothpaste in my stockpile 3 weeks ago. Time to hunt down some deals. I've also noticed that couponing in the Winter is not as great as it is right now. It seems like all the good coupons hibernate until the warm weather comes back around. Here are some of the deals I found this week;

CVS:
Transaction 1:
Crest Prohealth Toothpaste $4.79 get $3.00 ECB back. Limit 2 and I bought 2
M&Ms                               $0.75 get $0.75 ECB back. Limit 1
                                          Used $4.00 ECBs from previous trip
Total: $8.31     Received: $6.75 ECBs         Saved: $4.00

Transaction 2:
Physician's Formula Moisturizer  $14.49 get $15.00 ECB back (makes this $0.51 moneymaker)
                                                  Used the $6.75 ECBs from transaction 1
Total: $8.67   Received: $15.00 ECBs        Saved: $7.00

I spent a total of: $16.98 and left the store with $15 ECBs  So, I really only spent $1.98

This deal was tricky. The ad was very vague. It stated receive $15 ECBs when you buy ANY Physician's Formula Skin Care Item. It only excluded clearance items. None of the Physician's Formula items were tagged as this deal. The cashier had to manually give me the ECBs. So very grateful for a nice cashier!!

The reasons I bought the moisturizer were;
1. It's a free item and I needed moisturizer (especially with SPF 50. If you knew me you'd understand.)
2. I checked the site; www.iheartcvs.com for next weeks flyer and there is a great diaper deal

This next week CVS will have Pampers 2/$19. There are currently $1.50 manufacturer's coupons available on www.coupons.com. You can print 2. This would make the diapers 2/$16. So, then I'll use my $15 ECBs from this week and I'll only pay $1 plus tax out of my own pocket! It's a great way to stretch your money and buy the things that you really need for your family.

Wal-Mart:
Sun Drop Soda 2 liter   $1.00 - $1.00 MC (expires 6/3)
I bought 2 (2 liters) for $0.18

Walgreens:
Transaction 1:
Tecnu First Aid Gel  $7.00 get $7.00 RR back
Total: $7.07  Received: $7.00 RR   Saved: $2.99

Transaction 2:
Tone Bodywash Buy 1 at $4.79 Get 1 Free ( I bought 4)
I had 2 $1.00 MC plus I used the $7 RR
Total: $1.42      Saved: $18.58

I spent a total of $8.49

So, these are some of the deals I took advantage of. I hope you found some great deals too! I'd love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment