Thursday, September 22, 2011

My First Furniture Makeover!

One of my favorite sites to follow is http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/. She does some amazing things with a can of spray paint and someone else's trash. She calls these roadkill rescues. I'm a fan of Craigslist and I happened across this entertainment center listed for FREE! Free is always better. She looked a little dirty and worn but, with a little paint and some new hardware I knew she could be a real looker.
Here's a Before shot. I fell in love with all of the storage space. It is way bigger than the entertainment center we had before. It's missing the glass door in this picture. Josh had to reglue the frame back together.

This is one of my favorite features about this entertainment center. One side is for DVDs and the other CDs. We have put all of Lil Man's DVDs in there. It is perfect!

Pic of the original hardware. I wasn't a fan.

Ta Da!! I gave her a couple coats of primer for laminate and a few coats of black paint. I added brushed nickel knobs for an update. I liked all of the shelf space but, I didn't like that you could see everything in there. I don't like clutter and it was very distracting. So, thanks again to Infarrantly Creative I came up with this;

I bought some coordinating fabric and pinned it up with flat head tacks. So much better. It's amazing what one piece of fabric can do to the whole piece. I also used the fabric trick on a glass cabinet in my bathroom.

I'm not going to lie this took a lot of work and I wanted to give up halfway through but, with a lot of encouragement from my husband it is now sitting in my living room and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment