Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homemade Apothecary Jar

I love Apothecary Jars but, I am not willing to pay the price for them. I happened across the site http://www.dollarstorecrafts.com/ and found this simple tutorial. I spent about $10 total. I couldn't think of what to put into it so, it's been sitting naked on top of the entertainment center until the other day.
I bought a bag of river rock and a tall glass candle from Dollar Tree. Then, I wrapped scrapbook paper around the candle and tied it up with rafia. The paper is removable so I can change it out. I attached it with scotch tape. Last, I LOVE the beaded vines. They are literally all over my house so of course I added one around the base.

I love how it turned out and I'm really excited that I can change it out for seasons and holidays. I think I might monogram it too. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment