Sunday, September 18, 2011

Natural Deodorant

So, I have a confession to make. I do not buy deodorant from the store. I make my own natural deodorant out of items from my baking cabinet. I had seen this on sooo many blogs and decided to try it out myself. I am one who is willing to try almost everything at least once and if it doesn't work I do not continue to use it. I already had all of the ingredients on hand so I truly had nothing to lose.
Ingredients needed;
4-6 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Cornstarch

Mix your cornstarch and baking soda with a fork until there are no clumps.

Mix in your coconut oil and it turns into a paste.

Place in a cleaned out deodorant container or in a small tupperware container. Store in the fridge to make it hard like stick deodorant. If you leave it at room temp it will remain a paste. Apply like you would regular deodorant. What I noticed with this deodorant when you sweat that there is no odor. When you wear regular deodorant and sweat the smell of the deodorant mixed with BO gets stronger. This is not the case with the natural deodorant. It is AWESOME! Plus there are no harmful chemicals in it. It also takes less than 5 minutes to make. It is totally worth my time and money to make this. I've converted some of my family members and they love it.

This recipe came from Kitchen Stewardship. She also goes into more detail on why this is so much better for you.

Try it. I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment