Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mantle Clock Makeover

Josh gave me this clock for Christmas when we were dating. It has been sitting on top of the Entertainment Center since that day and never changed. That was 7+ years ago. I was itching for a change but didn't want to buy a new clock. This one is special to me. So, I decided to give it a facelift.
Before

This was the simplest, cheapest project ever! I found a piece of scrapbook paper that I liked and used mod podge to glue it over the existing blue mat. I used the same scrapbook paper to wrap the candle in the Apothecary Jar to tie it together. I then printed out the saying "Families are Forever" from my computer and it's held in with scotch tape. I can change out the quote at any time. It took about 10 minutes total and cost less than $1. I love making something totally new out of something I already own. It's better than shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment