Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Portable Place Mat

When we go out to eat I don't like to put my son's food on the restaurant's table. He throws plates and napkins so, that doesn't work either. So, I thought it would be nice to have something to throw in the diaper bag for when we are out and about. We also have a portable high chair. We don't have a big house so, to save space we just bought one of the chairs that you put in an existing kitchen chair. It takes up no space. It folds up when we go places. It is wonderful. I don't like restaurant high chairs either. They rarely get cleaned and they always feel greasy. So, now we take our chair and our mat. The mat was fairly easy to make. I had some leftover Car fabric from making his backpack. I bought iron on vinyl. I have heard great things about it. Plus it's wipeable. It is wonderful. It is hard to find though. I ended up getting mine at Hancock Fabrics. It is 6.99 a yard. Expensive. I also bought double folded bias tape. Just cut out 2 rectangles of fabric and 2 rectangles of the vinyl the same size. Iron on the vinyl to the fabric per instructions. Then, pin your bias tape around the edges. Sew it on and you're done. Now, you have a cute little custom mat for your little one to eat off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment