Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Scripture Slips

It's cold outside and my Scriptures were looking a little bit chilly sitting there so bare. So, I gave myself a sewing project, a custom scripture case.

I added a handle for convenience. I have the mini-scriptures with the snap closure which was a little tricky. The case velcros shut.
I don't like regular scripture cases where you either have to take them completely out of the case to use them or risk the whole thing sliding off of your lap. Maybe I'm the only one who has that problem so, I made it where you just open up the flap and you have total access to your Scriptures without any annoyance.
Here's the back view. Since I made this one I've made some improvements. I've added a pocket that spans the length and width of the back. I also added some elastic pen/pencil holders in the flap. I am having a lot of fun with these. Next, I'm going to try adding some cute embellishments. These are going to make some lovely gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment