Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Shopping Deals

Before strategic shopping I shopped at Aldi and Wal-Mart. It wasn't too complicated. Now that I've been learning how to shop like a pro it is definitely something I have to plan. I meticulously study the ads and coupons and then compare them to my price book. I'm not going to lie it takes time. Then, I map out my route of all the stores for the most efficient way to accomplish my mission in the least amount of time. My lil man runs out of patience after a couple of stores. To get ready I set out our clothes the night before, pack the diaper bag, a snack bag, and place my coupon folder by the back door. Grocery day is also crock pot day. After spending the day shopping and then putting everything away I don't want to cook at all. This way I can make a nice meal without a lot of effort. Breakfast is also easy. I found a great idea at http://www.ourbestbites.com/. I highly recommend this site! I made homemade hot pockets. Store hot pockets are the biggest rip off in my book. On sale they are 2/$6 and you only get 4 sandwiches! You can either use store bought pizza dough or homemade. Then, you fill it with whatever you want and bake it. You can either eat it right away or freeze them for a fast meal. My breakfast ones were filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. They were awesome and extremely fast and filling! These will be great on the morning we go to the Temple. No more going through Mc Donald's drive thru for breakfast! So, after loading up we headed to the stores. Here are some of the deals I took advantage of this week.

Rural King: for the pet owner. Our dog Mollie isn't too spoiled but I couldn't pass up this deal. Pedigree Dentastix (24 count) on sale for $2.99 from $3.99. As luck would have it I had (2) $2 off coupons.
Final price with tax:  $2.50 for 2. Cost without coupons: $6.50

Walgreens:
Honey (32oz) $3.99 from $7.99. I bought 3.
Geisha canned fruit (15oz) $0.79 from $3.60. I bought 3
Eggs $0.99 dozen. I bought 2. Eggs freeze.
Halls Cough Drops (30ct) $0.99 - $0.55 coupon = $0.44
Gain dishwashing detergent: 5/$5 - (2) $0.25 coupons= $3.50 or $0.70 per bottle
Snicker's peanut butter bars $0.49 + (2) bogo free coupons. I bought 4 for $0.98
Hershey's Drops 2/$5 + $2.00 Walgreens Coupon +$2.00 Manufacturer Coupon = $1.00 for 2
Total $24.51   Cost without coupons: $56.04      I also got $1.00 Register Reward for my next purchase

County Market:
Betty Crocker Cake Mixes 10/$10. I bought 5. I love lemon cake!
Farmland sausage links: $1.99- $1 coupon = $0.99
Farmland sausage roll:  $1.99 - $0.55 coupon= $1.44
Grands Biscuits: 10/$10. There was an in ad coupon for a free dozen large eggs when you purchase 5 biscuits. I had 2 coupons for $0.75 off of 3. I bought 6 for $4.50 and got the dozen eggs. Biscuits ended up being $0.75 per tube!!!
I bought a couple other things too. Friday is the start of the 48 hour sale. I will he heading back for $0.99 peanut butter and 2 welch's grape jelly's for $0.98 total with in ad coupon. Also 4lb of oranges for $1.88
Total today: $17.60 Cost without coupons: $32.43

Meijer: I am starting to become a Meijer girl!
Red Seedless Grapes: $0.99/lb
Split Chicken breast: $0.99/lb = $3.90
Razors $5.99 from $7.99 + $3.00 coupon off of 2. $8.98 ( I could have done better here).
I bought some other items as well and spent: $33.21 Cost without coupons: $42.63

We also met Daddy for lunch at Burger King. It's a nice treat to see him and eat out on occasion. I of course used a coupon and paid $6.76 for 2 Whoppers, 1 fry, 1 drink, and 1 buck burger for lil man. We also found out that on the weekends kids eat free at Steak n Shake. Also, kids eat free EVERY day in Savoy.

Hope you find some great deals!
~Tabitha~

No comments:

Post a Comment