Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kitchen Helpers

Yep, it's a mustard holder....or is it? I have to share this ingenius idea from my step mom. 100% of the credit goes to her! With making homemade condiments it's inconvenient to store them in tupperware so she bought a 2-pack of these babies at Dollar General for $1 and said, "Here could you use this for your chocolate syrup?" As Gru would say, "Light Bulb." It works beautifully and I went out and bought another set for my homemade syrup and I'll probably use the other one for pancake batter.

This little bottle is some amazing stuff!! It can be found in the baking aisle of any supermarket. This makes wonderful pancake syrup. This is how simple it is:

1 cup of boiling water
2 cups sugar or splenda
1/2 tsp Mapleine

Mix together. When cool, pour into your awesome new container!
The END!
This little bottle lasts forever! I am still on my first bottle and haven't even used half of it. The syrup tastes no different than the store bought and it costs pennies to make!

A butter dish? Yes, I've lost my mind and I'm showing you my cheap-o butter dish. Why you ask? From now until forever I will only use stick butter! I can't believe how long it's taken me to figure out that it's so much cheaper! Plus you can freeze it! I buy it when you get a 4 pack for $0.50. The last time it was at that price I bought 10! You should have seen the looks I got.

So, what's in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment