Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Coupon System

Everyone organizes their coupons differently. The only thing that matters is you have a system that works for you and won't stress you out. Here's what works for me;
This is my new fav thing! I have a confession to make. I am a paper junkie, just ask my husband. I am the person that L-O-V-E-S the school supply aisle at Wal-Mart and I am not ashamed. I love the part of the movie, You've Got Mail when Tom Hanks tells Meg Ryan that if he knew where she lived he'd send her a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils! I am the girl who would love that. I am just an organizational freak! What can I say, it's my thing. I love it!

Had to laugh when I saw what it said!

One side is pockets to hold your coupons. The other side is your notepad for your list. Pretty cool, huh? So, I organize my coupon pockets by store. I always take the same route so this is how it's organized from front to back: Meijer, CVS, County Market, Walgreens, IGA, etc. If I'm going to do multiple transactions for example at Walgreens I will make sure to put my coupons in order by transaction. It's just a lot easier than fumbling through your coupons at the register.

Here is the "Big Mama." I don't keep the whole coupon insert like some people do. I go through them and cut out only things that I know we will use and then I donate the rest to friends and family. This is just a plain folder with baseball card holder pages. I am an extremely visual person so this is the only way I have found that I've liked. I started out using a coupon organizer and just putting them in categories. I HATED digging through each category to see if I had the coupon or not. Now, I can just look at each page. I do group things like baby care, meats, hygiene, snacks, etc. The front pocket is for my Walgreens Coupons books. The back pocket is where I carry all of that weeks fliers.

This is what works for me. What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment