Friday, August 12, 2011

Dry Erase Calendar

This is one of my favorite new things! I am striving little by little to have our family go paperless. The last project that I showed was the dry erase board found Here. I promised to follow up with this calendar. I followed the tutorial on Infarrantly Creative found Here. I love hers more! Mine is not magnetic, yet. I haven't found the metal for the right price. Total cost of this project $4!! Here's how I made mine;
16x20 picture frame bought at a garage sale for $4
Black Spray Paint for the frame
Cream-Colored Cardstock
Polka Dot Ribbon
For the grid I used our old calendar. I set the glass on top of it and used a black Sharpie to trace it. I added a 6th row of squares so I would never have to double the numbers on one square. Make sure when you put the glass in the frame that the Sharpie side is not facing out. It will wipe off.
An alternative would be to use vinyl instead.
I plan on making it magnetic and adding Magnetic numbers. I also want to change out the cardstock for some neutral fabric.
Another tip is to buy fine tip dry erase markers. They are much easier to read. I bought a multi-colored pack so, I can write Pay Day in green and Birthdays in Red, for example.
Now, go have some fun and make your own personal dry erase calendar for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment