Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Syrup

I am really enjoying cooking from scratch. I have the time and I have the ingredients on hand and I am willing to try just about anything once. I got this recipe from the book; Miserly Moms. This is the second recipe I've tried for chocolate syrup and this is the one I'm sticking with!

Chocolate Syrup
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cold water
1 Tbsp vanilla

Combine cocoa and sugar in a medium saucepan and blend with a whisk until all the lumps of cocoa are gone. Add water and salt. Mix well while cooking over medium heat. Bring it to a boil. Remove pan from heat once it starts boiling. Let it cool completely and then add your vanilla.

This syrup makes the BEST chocolate milk and it's great poured over ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment