Monday, April 4, 2011

The Greatest Granola Bars

I have been exploring the web for some new recipes. I have a kid with peanut allergies and it seems like all labels say, "May contain peanuts." It is extremely frustrating as a parent because you don't want to take the risk of your child having a reaction. Even granola bar labels say this so, I have started making my own. I am now on my third recipe and it is the best one! It's easy, fast, and soooo good. They don't last in our house at all! My son thinks they are cookies and he thinks they are a special treat. He has no idea that they are good for him! I found the recipe at http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/. I am really liking her site. It is definitely one to check out!

Granola Bars
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup honey
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of add-ins

Butter your 9x13 pan. Combine the butter and honey in the pan. Then, add and combine all the other ingredients except the add-ins. Once combined stir in your add-ins. I find that a fork works best for mixing and pressing the mixture firmly in the pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool about 10 minutes and cut into bars. Let cool completely before removing and serving.

I must recommend butterscotch chips. They are soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment